Friday, July 31, 2009

Noah's Ark...

Seriously, this summer is the WORST. I mean honestly, it’s not even been very warm, but on top of that it’s been so rainy I feel like. I’m over it. I’m totally over building Noah’s Ark. I just want SUMMER and HOT weather and a LOT of SUN! Ugh. It’s so frustrating. This weekend is supposed to be nice, thankfully, so on Sunday I plan on taking advantage of this rare situation and cure my hangover with a TON of sun!!! YAY! I work the next Saturday, so I’m taking Thursday off work. I have an eye appointment- due to complications with my contacts (I’m over this too UGH!) again at 6:15 and I’m taking Roscoe into the vet’s office bright and early to get fixed. I’m sad for him…but it has to be done! Maybe it’ll calm him down a bit---HA. Righttttttt. But other than that, my day is open to whatever! I’m really pumped about it!!! And again, if it’s nice I plan to spend the entire day laying out!

I think I’ll be finished with my rant/complain session. I have a lot to catch you guys up with and a lot of things I want to share.

Last weekend was super busy. On Friday night we took my grandma to Stella’s for her birthday. None of us had been there before, but we all had a really great meal! I would definitely go back. Afterwards, we met Jill out downtown and got a few drinks with her and her co-workers. After we had a few drinks there, we went to Home Slice and listened to some live music. Calen Savage, who went to Woodmore, plays with a girl I work with boyfriend! We were there until about 1:30 and then went home! It was a good time. Saturday, I didn’t do much in the day time, but Saturday night Justin and I had a cook out at our place, and then went to the All Saints Festival. Let me tell you- what a night!!! We were at the festival for about 2 hours, there were 7 of us and we had a total of 31 beers I believe. We then walked home, and continued to drink for a bitty at home. I didn’t get into bed until ohhhh, about 4:30 am. EK. And then Sunday, I couldn’t even tell you. Seriously.

Let’s see. The end of this month has quickly approached and that means us- as in Justin and I- have a SHIT ton going on. This past Sunday we went to DTE in Michigan to see Incubus. The show was really awesome!!! It was really Justin who wanted to see them, but I am really happy I went. They put on a great live show! This past Tuesday we went backkkk to DTE to see Dave Matthews Band- which I was TOTALLY PUMPED about!!! It was the first year I actually had the opportunity to buy seats, so I did. They were not good seats, but they are that much closer to the stage and I was freaking soooo excited about it. EKKK. I get a smile thinking about it- I’m a dork! The show was phenomenal as always. They played an awesome show with a TON of jam sessions. Typical of DMB at a live show, however I feel like they did a lot of jamming compared to the last few years. It’s one of my favorite reasons to see them live- they are better in concert than they are on CD, but on top of that you don’t get the cd/radio version of the song- you get about 10 minutes of a song with a showcase of the talent on stage!!! It’s the best time of my life ha!!! This past Tuesday, Juice and Jamie got into town for their wedding. We met up with them for dinner at Jed’s on Wednesday night. Today is their rehearsal and dinner, and then tomorrow is the WEDDING! I’m so excited and happy for the 2 of them. I honestly do not know if I’ve ever seen a more perfect for one another couple, honest to God. They make me puke in my mouth a little every time I see/hear them! It’s disgustingly cute! So, yeah that’s the rest of our week…nutsssss!!!

This next week Justin and I have kind of a lot going on as well. Friday night Justin and I- along with 6 other people hopefully are going to Jed’s for dinner ( SHOCKER!!!) and then the Comedy Club. I got 8 free tickets a while back and that is the last Friday we can use them. It should be a good time; hopefully we can find enough people to go! Saturday I work, and then Justin and I have a Mud Hens game. It’s the second the last game of the season we have tickets to, so I’m excited! After the game Justin’s friend is having a surprise party thrown for him and we’re invited! They are going to have food, drinks and entertainment, so it should be wonderful!!!

Justin’s band has been going well, as far as I know. And, Justin has been preparing for his acoustic show on August 13th at the Bronze Boar. It just happens that I am working Saturday the 15, so I ended up being able to take off Friday the 14th since I’ll be getting home around 3 am after his show! I’m really excited. I enjoy watching him play out especially because it’s his comfort zone and passion. He doesn’t look too shabby with his guitar either!!! :o)

This week my credit card has endured some major damage and it’s not going to look pretty for next month. I got 2 shirts at DMB, which cost me a total of $65.00 and then I also bought some food. Then yesterday I went shopping- granted it was at Target and Plato’s Closet but still- and spent more money than I should have! Oh well, I got some good deals and I think it was worth it!

I think it’s the update. We don’t have internet at work today for some reason, so it’s pretty much thee worst day of our lives. I hope I can post this before I leave for the day! *sigh* Toodles!!

1 comment: