Well, I actually have quite a bit of time today for an update. And, for once- I HAVE one!! YAY! I’m not entirely sure where I left off with the last entry, but I’m going to start off with last weeks events!!
Justin and I have been pretty busy with life lately. Nothing really that crazy, but a lot of things typical to summer. We’re always busy, but especially so in the summer months. With concerts, Mud Hens games, camping, and doing the usu. We have little down time.
Not this past Sunday, but the Sunday before Justin and I went to the David Cook concert. It was at Owens (SUPER close to home, which was fantastic!) and it was actually a really good show. I loved it, although I’m not totally convinced Justin did. He said that he was a good live singer, but David’s not really his style of music. He did say though that he had a good time and he’s a good singer. I love that I can ALWAYS count on JP to pull through with going to a concert with me, even if he doesn’t always like the musician. It’s the whole ‘live music’ in general thing that we both enjoy. I am the same way. I don’t really care who I am seeing, as long as they are good live- I’m sure it’ll be a good show!
On top of that concert, Justin played out on Thursday night at The Bronze Boar. Thursday was also Jill’s 25th birthday. Neither of us had to work on Friday, so the plan was to drink heavily and have a good time. I had a DD- of course- because Justin had to be sober enough to sing, so he could drive us home as well. I definitely think Jill and I accomplished our mission. I had a good time- from what I can remember LOL!! Justin played from 10-2. He took 3 breaks during the night. I remember 1 of the breaks HA! I do however remember the song he surprised me with. It was a new song that I never heard before. He wrote it ABOUT me, which was super cool! It’s now my favorite song. He was super boyfriend, I have to admit. I was almost crying it was so sweet and because I was so surprised!! I have the lyrics posted on Facebook…if you’re interested. So somewhere in the haze of my drunkenness, I kept dancing like a ghetto child and saying, “I do what I want biatch!” Justin said it was hilarious. I don’t really know. It was the Irish Car Bomb that did me in. I passed out AT the BAR lol, and got home and threw up for about an hour or so before I made it to bed. I didn’t get out of bed on Friday until 5 pm. Needless to say, I have a great time and I will NOT be drinking for quite some time. Jill had me beat though. He made it out of the bar, but puked on the way home, and then continued to puke on Friday. She didn’t get out of bed until about 6:30. We were close to B.Spears trainwreck material. Phew! Justin did do a good job though.
Saturday I worked and then Saturday night Justin and I went to dinner. We used a gift certificate and then went to hang out with a couple Justin works with. We just chilled at their house and their awesome patio. I didn’t drink, but they did. I couldn’t hang HA! I was still not feeling all that great.
Sunday we did a lot of visiting. His grandpa and Pam, his grandma to see Justin’s dad before he left to go back to South Carolina, stopped at Jono’s mom’s house to drop off a birthday card, stopped by Amy and Kevin’s to drop money off that Justin raised from playing to support Carson’s Crew, and then went to my parents house. It was a full day of visiting, but it was nice to see people we’ve not seen in quite some time!
This week: Steve is coming home on Friday night for the final time before he ships off overseas. They are having a mini birthday party/going away party for him at Jed’s, so of course we are going! It should be a good ol’ time! Justin and I might go to the campground this weekend, but we’re not 100% set on that just yet. I won 2 free tickets to Funny Bone (a comedy club in the area) so we might do that. Our options are opened.
Next week, Justin and I have the Staind, Chevelle, Shinedown and Halestorm concert at the Zoo, which should be a pretty stellar show! I’m really excited. I’ve seen Staind and Shinedown (SCARY!), but the other two I have not. I am SUPER pumped to see Chevelle…and I’ve not even heard of Halestorm. The amphitheatre is pretty small there, and our seats are pretty good. I’m really looking forward to the show! On top of the concert, I am SUPERRRR freaking pumped because I am going to the dentist. It’s basically one of my most favorite things ever and I’ve not been to the dentist in a really long time. A serious long time. I just found out yesterday that the dentist I’ve gone to actually does in fact accept the insurance I have. I’m glad I didn’t just go off of the insurance website and decided to call instead!! I am SO happy I don’t have to find a new dentist. I know that something is wrong with my one tooth, so that does make me nervous, but hopefully it’s nothing too serious! EK. We’ll see!
I’ve been getting bad headaches a lot lately, so I am going to have to see my doctor and see if he can help me out. I hope he doesn’t make me get a trillion tests done. I have a Health Savings Account. It’s insurance, kind of, but not really. I get a discount of sorts when it comes to tests and appointments; however I’m not really all that sure how it works. I know that I have a large deductable and I can use the money that I put towards my account to pay the bills. It’s just that I don’t have that much in there yet because it just started. The most I could pay would be $3,000.00, so regardless it’s not a TON, but it’s more than I have at the moment LOL. I’m hoping he can just put me on migraine pills or something?! I have to give him a call today. I’m also going to be calling my dermatologist because I want to see him. I really miss my prescription face wash!
And, I saved the best news for last. Tonight- I am buying tickets to see The Fray in Michigan. I have been DYING to see them live and they were in the area recently when I was NOT. I was really bummed, but I found out today that they are playing a show at Michigan State college September 16th. Wednesdays are my early days at work, so it works out PERFECTLY! On Saturday Daughtry tickets go on sale and I am buying those at that point. I was bummed because Daughtry is coming to Toledo October 31, but Justin and I are having our 2nd annual Halloween party, so I couldn’t go. I LOVE him. He’s my favorite Idol and I was bumming. So, I did some research and found out he was playing at Michigan State too! I emailed Justin to see if he would go- if I bought- and of course he agreed! SUPER pumped. Basically, it’ll be 7 concerts this year, which is pretty typical. I cannot wait!! Basically, I have things to look forward to for a long time. I have 2 concerts and Mary’s baby shower in September. A concert, a possible Steelers vs. Lions football game and a Halloween party in October. Spending my birthday in Chicago, a possible trip to South Carolina for Thanksgiving or seeing Ms. Bowles when she is home at that point in November. The Steelers vs. Browns game and all the fun things of Christmas in December. Jamie and Juice coming home to visit in January. Life is good. I have a lot of things to smile about and the months are still a long time away! Who knows what else will fall on my platter!
No comments:
Post a Comment