I hate to admit this whole story, but I'll suck in my pride and do it anyways. It just proves that Justin really does love the good, bad, and evil sides of me :o)
One of his favorite places in the fall is Hocking Hills. I had never been there, so he was talking for months about going for a long weekend. At first it was with a group of friends, then it was the 2 of us. Finally, I told him I thought it was a waste of money to go there, and that if he wanted to go to Hocking Hills, he would need to plan the trip, book everything and pay for it. I didn't want any part of it. So, waiting until last minute, he finally went ahead and booked a cabin. We packed our belongings, the dogs, and made the 3.5 hour drive there. The cabin was not the nicest, but it was not nearly as bad as I had imagined it was going to be. We were in the middle of nooowhere, and the property was beautiful. The cabin was actually just what we needed, as it had a full kitchen and a jacuzzi tub. The 2 weeks leading up to the trip, I was being a BEAR about the cabin, saying I didn't want to stay there, it was crappy and I was scared I would die HAHA! I also was mad because he made us leave at 8 am on Saturday in order to get there by the afternoon. The last complaint I remember having was--- "This is MY vacation too." If I only knew, right?! He kept getting irritated saying that I should be happy he went ahead and did this all and I should just enjoy the trip and quit being so bitchy.
Upon arrival Saturday afternoon, there were 12 red roses waiting on the table because I always give him a hard time that he's not gotten me flowers in months! I swear, since I've moved in he thinks he doesn't have to get my most favorite thing in the world. I buy flowers for myself more and more HAHA! I thought they were included with the room and I said to him something about it being so thoughtful of them to put flowers in there. He then informed that he PAID EXTRA for the roses because I always bust his balls about not getting flowers. Immediately, I felt like an idiot for assuming they were just in the room, and for being such a bitch about staying at the cabin, the whole trip...everything!
Sunday (10.10.10) we went to Old Man's Cave. We were hiking toward the Upper Falls lookout, which I now understand is the highest point of Old Man's Cave. He was behind me and I hit the look out wall first. He asked me how the view was and I responsed something along the lines of , "I can't really see much, but I don't know what I'm looking for." I imagined seeing WATER and there was zero. All I could see were trees. He then proceeded to wrap his arms around me from behind, with the ring in his hand, and said, "Well, what do you think about this?" I of course *gasped* and responded, "ARE YOU SERIOUS?!" I think I might have even said "Are you serious" twice! He finally said to me, "Yes, I am serious. Will you marry me?" I of course said, "YESSS!" He then said, "10.10.10 only happens once, and now it's our day." I told him to STOP being sappy because he was going to make me cry haha. He's a true romantic, and I adore it!
The ring is perfect, he did such a good job (not that I had any doubts!). I felt terrible about being so nasty in the weeks and days leading up to this. We've both concluded that surprises do not blend well with either of us, and have basically promised they wouldn't happen again for quite some time, if ever again.
The REAL breaking news is this:
1. He actually proposed- coming from Mr. I Don't Want to get Married, Ever.
2. He managed to keep the ring a secret for 2-3 months. He had it hidden in the "man cave" and didn't spill the beans. That is a major breakthrough, let me tell ya!
One of his favorite places in the fall is Hocking Hills. I had never been there, so he was talking for months about going for a long weekend. At first it was with a group of friends, then it was the 2 of us. Finally, I told him I thought it was a waste of money to go there, and that if he wanted to go to Hocking Hills, he would need to plan the trip, book everything and pay for it. I didn't want any part of it. So, waiting until last minute, he finally went ahead and booked a cabin. We packed our belongings, the dogs, and made the 3.5 hour drive there. The cabin was not the nicest, but it was not nearly as bad as I had imagined it was going to be. We were in the middle of nooowhere, and the property was beautiful. The cabin was actually just what we needed, as it had a full kitchen and a jacuzzi tub. The 2 weeks leading up to the trip, I was being a BEAR about the cabin, saying I didn't want to stay there, it was crappy and I was scared I would die HAHA! I also was mad because he made us leave at 8 am on Saturday in order to get there by the afternoon. The last complaint I remember having was--- "This is MY vacation too." If I only knew, right?! He kept getting irritated saying that I should be happy he went ahead and did this all and I should just enjoy the trip and quit being so bitchy.
Upon arrival Saturday afternoon, there were 12 red roses waiting on the table because I always give him a hard time that he's not gotten me flowers in months! I swear, since I've moved in he thinks he doesn't have to get my most favorite thing in the world. I buy flowers for myself more and more HAHA! I thought they were included with the room and I said to him something about it being so thoughtful of them to put flowers in there. He then informed that he PAID EXTRA for the roses because I always bust his balls about not getting flowers. Immediately, I felt like an idiot for assuming they were just in the room, and for being such a bitch about staying at the cabin, the whole trip...everything!
Sunday (10.10.10) we went to Old Man's Cave. We were hiking toward the Upper Falls lookout, which I now understand is the highest point of Old Man's Cave. He was behind me and I hit the look out wall first. He asked me how the view was and I responsed something along the lines of , "I can't really see much, but I don't know what I'm looking for." I imagined seeing WATER and there was zero. All I could see were trees. He then proceeded to wrap his arms around me from behind, with the ring in his hand, and said, "Well, what do you think about this?" I of course *gasped* and responded, "ARE YOU SERIOUS?!" I think I might have even said "Are you serious" twice! He finally said to me, "Yes, I am serious. Will you marry me?" I of course said, "YESSS!" He then said, "10.10.10 only happens once, and now it's our day." I told him to STOP being sappy because he was going to make me cry haha. He's a true romantic, and I adore it!
The ring is perfect, he did such a good job (not that I had any doubts!). I felt terrible about being so nasty in the weeks and days leading up to this. We've both concluded that surprises do not blend well with either of us, and have basically promised they wouldn't happen again for quite some time, if ever again.
The REAL breaking news is this:
1. He actually proposed- coming from Mr. I Don't Want to get Married, Ever.
2. He managed to keep the ring a secret for 2-3 months. He had it hidden in the "man cave" and didn't spill the beans. That is a major breakthrough, let me tell ya!
Awww....soooooo cute:) It makes it even better that you were being bitchy about it! But he didn't say you were being bitchy when I was in the man cave and he showed me the amazing bling;) Just how much he loved you and how happy he is:) MUAH!! Lots of love!
ReplyDelete