I should have written this yesterday, but it is better a day late than not at all. I don’t have an excuse as to why I didn’t write this yet- other than the fact that I was so bored at work, I couldn’t even muster up the energy to write a fun blog post!!
Yesterday was December, 1. I had to switch my hours at work because I am going to a concert tonight (Usher and Trey Songz, I will be seeing you shortly!! YESSSS), so my late day ended up being Wednesday. When I woke up around 10 am there was snow falling and even sticking to the ground. I found this quite pleasant, to my surprise! It was cold, but it was so pretty. And, I thought it was so appropriate that it was the 1st of December and it was snowing. It makes me really appreciate the change of seasons. It made me realize that I am ready for winter and snow, and all that not-so-fun-stuff after about 1 month of it HA!
I like the change of seasons and really can NOT imagine living somewhere that I don’t get to enjoy all FOUR seasons. Once each season comes to a close, I really am over the weather and ready for the next. This year has been a great year for each of the seasons. The summer months were AWESOME. It was one of the best summers we’ve had in a long, long time. Like, since I can remember. I can’t believe I’m going to even say this, but some days were just too hot for my liking. I LOVE hot and humid weather- if I am going to be in a pool, on a raft with not a single thing to do. If that is not the case, I don’t want it hotter than like, 82*. Justin and I got to take the BMW out a lot this summer; we cooked out, went to Maumee Bay, and went camping. We got to really enjoy the good days we had. I couldn’t be more thankful for this past summer.
HOWEVER, once September hit, I was so ready for the cooler weather. I was looking forward to being able to wear a hoodie, a sweater and my jeans. I was PUMPED about football season. I was so excited to be able to take the dogs for a walk and not sweat my ass off. Even more, the dogs would be able to make it through the entire almost 3 mile walk without us having to take several breaks so that they wouldn’t over heat. I was ready to decorate the house with the fall décor, and ready to start planning our annual Halloween party. To my surprise, the fall weather was even great!! The weather hung around and it didn’t really get too cool, too fast. We had some hot fall days in fact. As the fall months were coming to an end, we did have a few cools days. In my mind, if it’s going to be cold, it might as well snow.
So, when I woke up to snow, I was happy. There was literally just a dusting on the ground, but it already looked so pretty and reminded me that I do, in fact, like the snow and winter in general. I really enjoy a white Christmas and hope it ends up that way this year. I like having a lot of snow even. I just hate shoveling the driveway (we got a snow blower this year---YES!) and I hate having to take the dogs out in the snow/cold. I also don’t really enjoy driving to work in snow, mainly because my car is light and it’s terrible in weather other than dryness LOL! I just wish I didn’t have to go through basically 4 months of ‘winter.’ The weather usually starts turning to Spring towards the end of March beginning of April. I wish the winter season only lasted until ohhhh, maybe February. After the first BIG snow, I’m pretty much over it. Moving south isn’t really the answer to anything, as I said before---I do enjoy a huge dumping of snow at some point.
Spring is my most favorite season, as I feel like everything (and everyONE) comes back to life- literally. The winter days feel long, since it gets dark so early. There isn’t a whole heck of a lot of sunshine in Ohio’s winter. We’re lucky if we see the sun twice a week, it seems. So, once March and April hit, I am begging for spring like temperatures to follow! Everyone is so much friendlier, as they are not rushing to get inside to a heated building or car. It just feels…so much more alive!
Like I said, I like the seasons---all four of them. I just wish three of them lasted a little bit longer and the Winter was a bit shorter. That’s all…is that too much to ask for?! ;o)
MAke sure you read this in February :)
ReplyDeleteAnd, if you are taking a honeymoon after your rendezvous wedding, you should stay at the Four Seasons. We did and it was AMAZING!
Monica