YAYYY for this post because there are so many fun things going to be stated here.
I am going to start this off by saying that I honestly didn't forget about my blog, it's just that I literally have been so busy and then so tired to attempt to get online. However, I do have some time now while Justin (and the guys) have band practice that I will update you on my lovely life. I know you were missing me while I was missing in action (or not in action, I suppose haha) the past few weeks.
My new job is AWESOME. Thus far, I love it. Honestly, I am so busy that half the time I don't have time to take a lunch. I seriously just don't have enough time in the day to finish my work. It's not like my job takes a lot of thought, but it surely does take a lot of careful data entry. I'm certainly not complaing because at my previous job I didn't do anything but play Bejewled Blitz on Facebook. In my new position, I've had to learn to just end my day even though I was not finished with my list. I have over 700 schools to call and there is just NO WAY I can get through calling all the school, entering the information that I receive throughout the day and the previous night. It's just not happening. So, it's something that took me a solid week to learn to do, but I can finally walk away at no later than 5:30 with a list that is not even near half finished. It feels good knowing that right when I walk into work at 8 am, I have a lot to do the. entire. day! My work space SUCKS right now, but it is temporary. I have terrible neck and upper back pain because my chair is as high as it will go and my desk is still at my boobs. Mid February will not get here soon enough...when I am supposed to be moving to a new desk. On top of that, I have little space, so I definately can't decorate as I hardly have enough room for my work paperwork.
Last week was my first week on the job- alone and I was thrown into it- for sure. The one girl was on vacation, so I had to take over her work. Very overwhelmed and nervous, I had a rough week. However, the good news is that it got easier and easier and now I'm not overwhelmed too much! Everyone I work with is awesome too, which is great! On top of my work space being temporary, they are not completely sure how and where they are going to use me. I would have thought they would have decided this before I was hired, but apparently not. I'm okay with not really having anything set in stone, but I really can't wait to find out what I really will be doing.
Enough about work- let's talk play!
I took the first official steps in booking our wedding at Bolongo Bay in St. Thomas, USVI. I can. not. freaking. wait. Lorie (the wedding planner) emailed me back and told me she was working on coming up with the pricing and details, and that she would let me know as soon as she came up with a quote. I just can't wait to have a rough idea of what we are looking at and officially give our guests (mainly wedding party and family at this point) some details! Justin and I have to really consider our invite list, as we had an idea when we were planning on having a recption back here. I believe it's going to be very close friends, family and a few family friends. I think we will invite about 80 people tops and maybe 60 people at most will come. Next up- wedding dress and bridesmaid dress shopping. I do have an idea of what I like and what I want for myself and the girls, so that's next. AFTER I put the down payment down for everything though ha! I still don't know if I am ready for that step yet. Engagement pictures are set for the end of March and I can't wait for those either. It's going to be so much fun with Liv and Sarah, I hope! We plan to have the wedding Save The Dates out with an RSVP card by no later than the middle of May. We will need the response cards back by September. That way we can start the official talley of guests who have booked and apply the discounts and whatnot. And those who do check that yes, they plan to come will get an actual invite. Those who check no, will not even get that. I think it's the easiest and most logical way to go about this destination wedding!! SO, yeah. The cupcakes, the decorations, the meal, the place we want to eat...all that was in the proposal for the wedding I already emailed. Since we are only providing dinner, we don't need a reception space, DJ, yadda yadda. We plan to take FULL advantage of the all-inclusive plan, the bar at Iggy's and the nightly live entertainment provided!!! YESSSSSSS :o)
Enough with the wedding talk---more fun:
This Satuday night Justin and I, along with my parents and some of their friends are going downtown to watch the Roller Derby. I think it'll be something fun and different, so I'm pretty excited about it. I don't even really know what to expect, as I've never been to a roller derby, and I've not watched the movie with Ellen Page that Drew Berrymore directed LOL! However, I did hear that the woman's roller derby was pretty hard core and intense. We'll see.
You need to commit to at least one funny post in the next 2 months since I'm not facebooking. PLEASE!? ;)
ReplyDelete