Ahhhh, I need/want suggestions! Roscoe is always SO smelly. Since he’s a small dog, I think I might notice it more than I ever did with the dogs that we had growing up. I’ve always had a big dog, and they were smelly too as in a ‘normal dog smell’ smelly, but they were not on the couch or in the bed. Roscoe always wants to be in your lap, so it’s very noticeable that he’s smelly. Does anyone have any ideas/suggestions as to what I can do to make him less smelly? I know dogs are semi smelly in general, but seriously- he smells like hot garbage. Alright, it’s not thaaaattt bad, but you get the picture! I don’t want to give him too many baths because I know it dries out their skin if you over do it. Lately, I’ve been giving him like a bath every 2-3 weeks I feel like and I think it’s too much. I have a puppy shampoo right now, from when he was really small. I’ve used my brother’s oatmeal shampoo for dogs also. No matter what I use, even right after he’s had a bath, he still smells like a wet hamster. Seriously, that’s exactly what he smells like. I don’t know what to do. I’ve tried reading up on it and there isn’t anything out there. Some articles say it could be their mouths, or their ears. It’s his entire body though. I’ve heard of using a baby shampoo on dogs because it is so sensitive. I’ve not tired that, has anyone else? Or does anyone use something that they really like and do notice a good smell coming from their dog afterwards? Please let me in on any suggestions/secrets you may know that I do not!
On the topic of Roscoe, he goes in for his last shots today. YIPPEE. After that he’ll end up getting fixed. I’m hoping that once he’s fixed it’ll settle him down a bit. We’ll see. I know he’s a puppy and all puppies are wild, but seriously…he’s a handful. I don’t know howwwww mothers handle 3 kids- RACHEEEELLLLL haha :o) I’d go insane!! He’s finally 6 months old and almost potty trained. The vet said he should be by now, but that Cairn Terriers have a mind of their own and they are typically harder to train. She also said that small dogs have to go outside more often than larger dogs- obviously. He still has accidents and I still don’t fully trust him for any amount of time. He literally does what he wants, LOL. It’s scary! Plus, it doesn’t help that Justin is a constant panic attack/crazy man about leaving him. He’s so scared that he’ll pee or poop on rugs/his carpet/tile and totally ruin it. It drives me INSANE. I want to give him shaken adult syndrome lol…he’s a spaz!!! Overall though, he does a pretty good job. He doesn’t go in his cage (minus the night Justin gave him almost a whole beer!!! UGH!), so he knows he’s not supposed to do it. I wish that he would bark when he has to go out though. I’m also thinking about attaching a bell to the door and teaching him to knock it when he has to potty. I’m not sure it’s too late to start that, but I think he’ll get it. I’ll just hit the bell every time I take him outside from now on and see what happens. We’ll see- I hope he’ll catch on. He’s actually smart when it comes to things he WANTS to learn haha. Like something he knows he’ll get a treat after doing. He knows how to sit, shake with both paws, jump up and spin around in a circle. I actually just taught him in 2-3 days the ‘spin’ trick. I love it!!! He’s so cute! :o)
The biggest problem I’m having with him now is that he finally realized how to use the “cat door” that leads from the house into our garage. It’s great- he’s pooped out there before. So again, I think he KNOWS that he isn’t supposed to potty in the house. Howeverrrrrrr, the cat box is out there for Puss N Boots. It’s terribly annoying because for whatever reason Roscoe has a shit mouth and LOVES to get the cat poop out of the box and EAT it. UGHHHHHH, it’s SO disgusting. I don’t even know what to do with him. The cat is bigger than Roscoe is, so turning the box around or whatever will not work. Roscoe will be able to get into the box no matter what. The ONLY idea I have is to put the cat box up high where Roscoe can’t get to it, but there isn’t any place in the garage to put it. Plus, since the cat is so large and in charge, it would have to be quite a large area for the box and even more for him to hop on before entering LOL. I think I’m going to talk to Justin about it. Maybe he’ll be able to figure something out.
Now, on to other business. Next week is already Memorial Day weekend. I can’t believe how fastttttt time flies. I feel like it was just 2 weeks ago we were in South Carolina for Easter. Now, we’ll be back down there again for a long weekend come Thursday. We’ll leave again on Thursday around 6pm, stop in Elmore off the turnpike to drop Roscoe off with my parents, and then hit the road. We should be getting into his parent’s house right around 3-4 am. I’m REALLY looking forward to this trip. By now the weather (I’m sure) will be awesome :o) I don’t think we really have any big plans, other than chilling out and eating out haha. YAY!
Work is scary. I’m not even close (about half way…and I have 2 people I’m iffy about!) to my numbers, so it’s really frustrating. I don’t know what will happen, but I hear that the first quarter is always rather hard. I already have 3 people signed up for next quarter, so that’ll help me out next time around. However, this time…not so much. There are still 3 full weeks before start and we have the first 2 weeks of class to continue to get people in for the quarter, butttt…it’s not looking so good. I’m getting antsy with the whole process. I’m trying to keep a positive outlook on things, but it’s hard. Overall, I like the job, I just wish I didn’t have the stress of meeting numbers, ya know?!
Living with Justin is going well. Like I mentioned before, it’s not like a bunch has changed. We’re getting into the swing of things I suppose. I enjoy not seeing him much during the week- he HATES it. I like doing my own thing at night when I get home from work. We’ll usually eat dinner and hang out for about an hour, but other than that- I like “me” time. He HATES it. We’re still trying to get into a routine when it comes to sleeping. He’s always in bed SUPER early, and I can’t deal with it. I’m used to getting 5-6…tops 7… hours of sleep a night, and he needs a solid 8. He doesn’t like when I am not in bed with him when he is going to sleep, so it’s difficult. He can’t sleep with the light/TV on, so again…it sucks for me. I would love to take that time at night to read or get online-once we have the internet- but for now…it’s a work in progress. Actually, I’m not sure we’re making progress on it, but haha. He’ll get used to it. He’ll have to I guess.
Other than plans on Saturday, Justin and I’s weekend is pretty open. YAY!! For once, we have a weekend that isn’t jammed packed with events. Saturday afternoon we are going to Michigan to Suz and Mark’s because they are having a ‘Welcome Home’ party for their baby Titan. I’m excited to see the little one- NOT hold him of course haha- and I’m SUPER pumped to see/catch up with Suz. Then, Saturday night Justin invited Jono and Sarah over to cook out and have a play date with our dogs haha. It’s supposed to rain, so that might be changed, but we’ll see. I’m guessing either way we’ll end up spending the evening/night with them! I wish I had some pictures to post, but I don’t. I don’t do anything fun enough worthy of pictures anymore haha. Gosh, my life is lame :o)
Oh, yeah. I'm having problems adding comments to the posts. I only have access to the internet from work, so that may be the problem, I'm not sure. I would totally be leaving comments, but I can't.
Steph- YAY for the new car, and YAY for having good luck! On top of that, I'm sorry to hear about Buddy. I hope for all of you that something comes up soon. I did notice that YOU have an interview...where at and allllll the details :o)
Rach- Your little Josie is precious. I can't wait to watch her grow. AND, I cannot believeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee how active you are right after popping out the 3rd baby. But more importantly, I cannot freaking believe how amazingggggggggg you look. I wouldn't have even guessed you were pregnant. Get OUT of town~ you look SUPER :o)
Can't help ya with the smelly dog situation. Riley doesn't smell whatsoever, I think because he doesn't shed but I may be wrong. Hopefully you get something figured out.
ReplyDeleteThe bell...so wonderful. Also a pain in the butt sometimes though because hes CONSTANTLY on it wanting to go outside every 5 minutes some days lol. He caught on SOO fast though, thankfully.He even uses one at my grandpas when he's there. Good luck!!
Interview is at bay park on the step-down ICU unit. Only per diem but my director (who im interviewing with) said shes putting in for more positions so she thinks I would be able to get full time when the time arises after im done with orientation.