Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Surprise!~

Justin’s 25th birthday is finally over and done with and I say that thankfully. I would highly recommend NEVER throwing a surprise party for anyone! I know that at least for me, it will not be happening. Honestly, Justin was a HANDFUL. It started out about a week before his birthday and continued until we were leaving his house to go to the party. Here are the events that took place- in order:
He wanted to go out of town. Thankfullllllyyyy I had to work Saturday, so really this wouldn’t have worked out. Otherwise, I don’t know what I would have done.
He wanted Jed’s on FRIDAY. We had eaten there on Wednesday as it was, and then he wanted to go there on Friday instead of Saturday. We got into a huge argument about it, until finally he resided and we just ate somewhere else. After ohhhh, about a 30 minute tiff haha.
He called me on Saturday afternoon as I was shopping for last minute things and said that he was hungry and we’d have to eat earlier. I told him that the movie started at 9:30, so it makes perfect sense to eat at 8. I told him I would pick something up or we could cook a small lunch at home. He decided on cooking burgers on the grill, and then continued to slam 2 of them.
At about 7:40- when we were getting ready to leave, he said that he wasn’t hungry because he just ate the burgers a few hours before and he didn’t really want to go to Jed’s anymore. I told him that I saved room knowing that we were still going to dinner, so I was hungry. I also said that we couldn’t wait until later because the movie started and it was just enough time to eat and get there. I said that by the time we got there he might be hungry. So, we left.
Honestly, it was a messssss! I was treated like garbage haha, and it sucked keeping a secret and trying to come up with a good enough lie(s) for things to actually go off as planned. It was worth it in the end, I suppose. He was surprised and didn’t have a CLUE. As we walked in, the table yelled Surprise! and he looked behind us- not knowing the table was surprising him, and thinking that there was someone standing behind us. It was funny! We had a good showing also, basically everyone I invited showed up, minus a few. He totally loves me a bunch- and said that I was the best girlfriend ever. He also said that his 25th was the best birthday he’s had! SCORE haha :o) And he followed up with saying that he’d never be as organized and pull something off as good as that haha! Other than the party, he did like the gifts I got him also. All in all he had a good day.

Yesterday I got home from work and was on the phone with Jessica. Then, a Lasik place called in and I ended up talking to them for a minute. As I was sitting on the porch talking to them, Justin came out and said “I love you” and tired to kiss me. I shoved him away because I was trying to concentrate on what the lady on the other line was saying. I felt bad, but I couldn’t handle all the distractions. When I was off the phone, I went and found Justin and told him that I wasn’t talking to Jess when he came out to kiss me, but someone from the Lasik center. I told him that I also loved him and kissed him them. I felt bad. As I walked down the stairs on the little table that sits by the door, I saw a card that said ‘Kristen’ on it. I asked him what it was and he said to open it. It was a thank you card for being so thoughtful about his birthday and making it the best. And, there was a $25.00 Starbucks gift card inside. And, then I felt super bad for being bitchy haha. Woops. Really nice of him, and totally uncalled for. It was HIS birthday; I should have done something nice in my mind. Whatever. :o) I have an awesome boyfriend!

For Steph: The living situation is going…well, it’s going. I don’t feel like a lot has changed. We don’t really fight and to be completely honest, we don’t really see one another that much with the hours we work. It works out well. He’s alwayssss so tired by the time 9:00 pm rolls around. I think it’s redic that he goes to bed so early, but I follow him up to bed typically, and watch TV or read. Once we get the internet- I’ll be downstairs online, and back to my normal terrible sleeping habits haha. I just need the internet back. Justin ordered it, and then cancelled it because of the fear of loosing his job- sigh. So, I’m going to get the number, call them and put the bill in MY name. I can’t take anymore of this nonsense. Who doesn’t have the internet at home, seriously? Get outtt!!! As far as the cleaning and things go- I just try not to freak out. He still doesn’t really do anything, unless I asked him. However, I am surprised (and THRILLED!) to report that if I ask him for some help, he does it. He just doesn’t have the initiative to do it himself. I just usually make a list haha. And, I typically do the laundry, which I don’t mind doing. I just HATE putting it away after it’s folded. So, I put my stuff away and make him put his stuff away! And, usually I clean up. When it comes to vacuuming, I usually make him do the stairs, because I can’t handle the beast on them. I’ll do the other rooms. Overall, it works out. We’ve not had any huge blow out fights.

Otherwise in the world of Kristen- not much. Justin and I were supposed to go to the David Cook concert at Owens tomorrow, however his brother passed away from cancer, so the show is obviously cancelled. Therefore, I think that Justin and I are going to the go the cheap-o theater tomorrow, and watch Paul Blart: Mall Cop. On Wednesdays the theater runs a special for popcorn, soda, and a ticket for $3.00 I believe. It’s such a deal compared to paying like, $20.00 just for 2 tickets!

Speaking of concerts: Britney Spears was SUPER!!! Seriously so worth every penny I spent on the tickets. We actually were not even close to the youngest people there; actually most of the people there were our age. We maybe saw 10 people who were teeny boppers haha. Phew, I was a little nervous. But seriously, the show was entertaining, and of course she lip sang the whole time. Again, phew. It would have been a disaster if she actually tried to sing haha!

On Saturday Justin and I are going to the Mud Hens game, which we’re both looking forward to. We like going to the games and just being at the ball park. For his birthday I got him several- like 6- sets of tickets for Saturday games throughout the summer! I’m excited. After the game, I believe we’ve tossed around the idea of meeting up with Stacy and Carrie and some of the friends because they rented a party bus to go out downtown. Obviously, we’ll just meet them out somewhere if they are in the area and grab a drink or two, but nothing wild.

Sunday is Mother’s Day, so I’m thinking I’ll (possibly Justin also!) go home and spend the day/evening with my mom and dad. I’m not sure of what to get her, so I’ll have to think of something within the next few days. I hate having to get something for my parents; they are terrible to buy for!

Work over the past few weeks has been reallllllyyy slow. I’m not even half way to meeting my numbers and we only have about a month left of recruiting. I’m terrified. I’m starting to panic, because I’m not sure what happens if I don’t even get the minimum number. I’m really super nervous. We’ll see I suppose. I feel as though I’m doing everything I can. When people are not interested, it’s hard to get them convinced. Sigh. It’s a bummer. I’m really trying my hardest. Huuummm…one of the reasons I want the internet at home, if you catch my drift. I can’t exactly use my work computer for doing that sort of thing…

16 days until South Carolina again for Memorial Day weekend. Ohhhhhh buddy, I can’t wait!!! :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment