Wednesday, April 29, 2009

When Life Gives You...

*Sigh*
Today just might be the most boringggg day I’ll have at work up to this point. I only have 11 pending contacts, which means I have NOTHING to do- for all of you who do not work my job LOL. Normally I have 11 with an hour to go at work…WONDERFUL! And the worst part of that is that 4 of them are either emails or mailings and 1 is an interview for a high school senior, who doesn’t want to start here until at the earliest September. That really means- I have 5 calls to make. UGHHHH!!! I’m starting to get really frustrated. I’m thinking I want to semi start looking again. Yeah, I know right?! But seriously…I’m just not sure how things are going. I’m getting nervous about my numbers and getting nervous about things in general. I do know that I am keeping an open mind about things, and keeping on eye out for others!

Anywaysssss- this Saturday is Justin’s 25th birthday. Saturday I’m having a party for him at Jed’s, which is a surprise!!! I’ve actually had most of the people say they were coming, which is good. I think it should be a good time! And, I hope that he’s actually surprised haha!! Up until LAST NIGHT he has given me NO good ideas for presents. So, I went ahead and bought him a few things that I came up with…that he has mentioned or just that I thought about. And, last night of course- he tells me what he wants for his birthday. At this point, I told him that I had already gotten his presents and that it was too late. Mean? I don’t know…but I refuse to wait until the very last minute. I have too much going on- like the B.Spears concert tomorrow haha!! WOOP :o) I’m actually really excited. (I’m pathetic haha!!!) So~ here’s what I got him:
A blanket for his bed- he mentioned he needed a true Queen size blanket now that I am living with him, because I steal all the covers- HA! Kohl’s had Buy one, get one free- so, I really ended up getting him TWO blankets and he can choose which one he wants for his bed. The other can be used as a throw or on the spare bedroom bed.
6 Saturday game tickets to see the Mud Hens for us both.
A black tie- he’s been needing one and not wanting to buy one since Christmas. No joke.
$50.00 to Jed’s
$50.00 to House of Meats, since it’s where he buys all his burgers.
A 6 month subscription for The Blade, which is the local paper. He said he only wanted to Sunday paper, but it was $20.00 (or something like that) cheaper to get the daily AND Sunday paper!!! And, it works well for me, since I would prefer to have the paper everyday. I’m a paper junkie. I like knowing what is going on haha!
He did order the internet to start May 1, but then he FREAKED out about possibly loosing his job- more on that later- so he cancelled it without even asking me about it. Seriously…I HATE not having the internet at home. I cannot check Facebook at work anymore, and I never have been able to check MySpace, so my life sucks haha. I feel SO out of the loop. And, it’s different for him because he can go to the library after work and get online there. However, by the time I get home from work the library is CLOSED. He got the internet box thing sent to him- and I told him that I would totally pay for the internet and he wouldn’t have to worry about it. I told him that I thought he should call the internet company back and tell them he actually wanted it again. He said that he didn’t want to do that because it’s a year contract and because he thought that they would think he was trying to mess with them. SO, who knows? I’m even willing to pay $20.00 extra a month NOT to have the year contact if he’s so worried about moving. We’ll see…

Now on to him freakingggg out about loosing his job. I’m not sure I wrote about this in any of the previous postings, but the company he works for is cutting back. They have let go of all the temp people and also some of the full time staff. It’s been making Justin nervous for quite a while now, but not to the point of panic. The other day he found out that the other side of his office- a whole department- was leaving and transferring to a different Toledo location. They will still be operating out of the office that Justin is in, however on a much smaller scale. He works for a logistics company and they ship materials via truck. The business that will stay where Justin is will be shipping materials only to other company owned locations, rather than hired out companies. Confusing kind of, but…you get the picture. He said that lately his boss has been sketchy and everyone is semi worried about the company’s future/loosing their job. Basically, in 5 weeks when the other department moves to the other location, it will be Justin, his boss, and one other lady in his department, the HR lady who is also the front desk lady now, Justin’s boss’ boss, and a few others. Basically they’ll be cutting out half of the people who are currently there. So, needless to say the company is going through changes. Now- it has Justin FREAKKKKKKINGGG out and panicked- totally driving me INSANE. It’s all he can think about, literally. Like to the point of not being able to sleep- he took Nyquil the other night. He’s freaking out mainly because he says he’s in debt- from his house payment- and if he looses his job, he doesn’t really have anything to fall back on, which is understandable I suppose. I’ve tried to explain that he can’t really count that as debt- so many people have a house payment, ya know? But he doesn’t see it that way.

So, Saturday he met with his realtor, took pictures of his almost finished house- it is close but not SUPER close- and signed the paperwork to put his house up for sale starting this past Monday. All weekend we were basically not on speaking terms because I think he’s acting out of sheer panic and being 100% stupid about it. He looks at it as being prepared. I don’t see it that way. He doesn’t have a plan outside of selling his house. I do not think it’s going to sell as fast as he thinks it will, but on top of that- if he’s going to loose his job it’ll be within the next few weeks/months and I REALLY don’t think his house will sell that quickly. He’ll still have the house payment anyways, ya know? On top of that, when I asked him what his plan was IF in fact the house did sell quickly and he still had his job, he said that he would rent or quit and move in with his parents in South Carolina until he found something down there! Seriously, WTF. It makes NO sense to me. And, he truly believes that he could find a 2 bedroom place to rent for $400.00. Now, I worked in the apartment renting business for 2 years, and I can tell you that he will NOT be able to find something that would be up to his standards to live in for under $600.00 at least. At least. And then he said that he would sell most of his stuff on Craigslist (HA!) so he wouldn’t have to store it. So, when he went to buy another house he’d basically have to start totally over- WHATTTT?!?!?! He also said that if he ended up loosing his job and still had the house, he’d move to South Carolina and live with his parents, try to find a job down there, and continue to make the house payments on the house here- that would be VACANT. Realllllllyyyyy. Reallllllyyyyyy? Does this NOT make sense to anyone other than me!?!?! All in all- we woke up on Sunday and Justin decided to call the realtor to tell him to hold putting the house for sale until further notice. Seriously…the kid.

Most importantly my biggest argument is this- the people left in his department are people that are valuable to the company. Justin is continuously getting raises, getting sent to Canada to train one of their divisions on his job since they have problems, and is always getting new job duties and training others in his department his old duties. And still, Justin is REALLY busy everyday. Beth, the other lady who is in his department with him, has been with the company for like, 15 years. They will still be operating out of the office- as much as he knows now, and possibly cut back to only the people they need. And, I brought up that possibly they will eventually all transfer to the other location to downsize/merge. Justin doesn’t think that’ll happen, but also said that he didn’t know really. I just don’t really know if he should be in such an uproar about it. Obviously the company is going through some changes, and his boss may be being sketchy because he doesn’t even know what is going on.

Additionally, I tried to get through his head that now that I am living there, he can always rely on me if needed. It would be tight. REAL tight, since I don’t make as much as he does, but ultimately, I think it could be pulled off- at least for some time. He would collect unemployment for 6 months and I JUST found out that it could be extended for another like, 33 weeks…or something. And, I do have a small- real small- savings account that I’ve been adding to as much as possible lately. Plus, I know that he’d try to get at least a part time job, doing anything, to contribute. And, I’ve told him that instead of worrying about it- he needs to start applying at places to try and get in somewhere!!! He has been at the library the last 2 days looking for a job. He initially told me that he was only going to look in South Carolina. I tried to talk him into looking BOTH places; it wouldn’t hurt. I told him that his dad still doesn’t have a full time steady job and his dad has more experience. Justin backed it up by saying that his dad is in a specific area and wanted more income, which is correct, but…there are a lot of things to think about in general. So, he took my advice and has been applying around the Toledo area, but also in South Carolina AND in Columbus. So, we’ll see I guess. I don’t know, that’s there we stand today.

I’m going to read some of my book, I suppose. And try to keep myself looking like I am busy, which I am not- so it’ll be a job in itself HAHA. It’s going to be a long day- especially since I’m working an extra hour. So, I’ll be here until 6- ohhhhh the joyssss ha! I wish I could be in college again and work part time haha. I don’t like grown up life!!

1 comment:

  1. So you havent told us how living together is going...probably just crazy right now because of the stress justin is giving off haha. See you on saturday!! anddd my shirts officially do not fit so I may be stuck in a sweatshirt :(

    ReplyDelete