Alright- here’s the latest update in the Saga of Kristen (haha!)
Let’s see.
South Carolina was absolutely beautiful and wonderful. I was never in a pair of jeans, which means it was nicer there than here ha! The drive on the other hand is dreadful…seriously; I don’t know how Justin does/did it alone. Woah. I wouldn’t have made it- end of story. I am SO happy I decided to forgo Easter with my family to spend some time with Justin and his family. Seriously, I had a really great time. And, I think what I enjoy most is sitting back and seeing Justin interact with them. Is that weird? I’m not sure- but I enjoy it.
Friday was rainy- but temperatures were nice. We went to lunch at Friday’s and did a mini shopping trip to Marshalls and Pet Smart haha. I got a pair of mighty awesome sweats and that about does it LOL. Friday night we ordered pizza for dinner, and watched Twilight. Liked the movie- did not love it. I think it’s because everyone was raving about it so much, so I was expecting something else. However, I did enjoy it and now I can’t wait until the next one comes out, that way I can find out what happens. We all know I detest surprises haha!! And, it got me really pumped to read the books J
Saturday- humm. I have to think back, it all happened so fast, I keep getting my days mixed up ha! Oh, we went to a state park in North Carolina and did some hiking. The mountain was called Chimney Rock and it was really pretty. The weather was warm when we left Justin’s parents house- but when we got further North and into the mountains, it was a bit cool. I was in capris, so it wasn’t like it was cold LOL. We hiked to a waterfall that was super pretty and just enjoyed one another’s company! (I do have pictures and IF I ever end up at home, I promise to upload the MANY pictures I have that I’m keeping from you haha!) Afterwards, we went to dinner at Ruby Tuesdays, and then went to see the Hannah Montana movie. Summer wanted to see it, and it was playing right when we went to check it out, so it worked out perfectly. And, I’ll be honest here: the movie was good- I won’t lie. And, I cried during it LOL. Kill me. I had a teeny bopper moment haha!!! And, after seeing the movie, I really want Miley Cyrus’ new CD. I think it’ll be good!
Sunday was Easter. BEAUTIFULLLLL weather. I wore a skirt and a tank top, Justin got a suntan, and it was ahhhhhhhmazing!! We went to church Sunday morning, went back to Justin’s parent’s house and just hung out outside, ate Easter dinner, had a fire, and started to watch Bolt, but got too tired and ended up going to bed. Easter dinner was yummy, and it was fabulous to just hang out in the sunshine. It was in the 70’s, but 70 there is different from 70 here. Then, Monday we left and drove home in about 8 hours…sigh. Can I go back yet? I’m trying to work something out for Memorial Day weekend- as that is the next time JP will be down there. I checked with some co-workers about that Friday (we have blackout periods…) and they said that it shouldn’t fall into that period, so they believe I should be able to get that Friday off. I put in my request today, so I’ll be finding out within the next few days I believe. I really hope I can get that day off, because I’ll just drive down with Justin. If that doesn’t work, I think I’ll fly out Friday after work-Humph. I’m checking flights and right now are right around the $200.00 mark, which is more than I am willing to spend for a WEEKEND there. So, I’m hoping somethinggg works out & that my co-workers are correct! J
Justin and I ended up discussing (more in depth) me moving into his house and then more specifically about the future. Justin really wants to move to a beach- or within 30 minutes of a beach- ASAP. Realistically, it’ll be within the next few years, considering he has a house to sell, and would need to make sure things were in place. I told him that I am not against moving, but there would just be several things to discuss when the time comes. We briefly touched on some of those…and who knows. I do know (at least 94%) that Justin will be putting his house up for sale within the next year---more than likely, within the next few months---and when the time comes we’ll go from there. I’m keeping an open mind about all of it, and totally taking everything in stride. I’m looking forward to how things evolve within that time span. We’ll see…I’m really excited for everything. Really, super excited.
Speaking of moving in with him- Yes, I am taking the leap J I just think that now that it’ll be on my terms, I feel better about it. Most importantly, I feel as though it’s the next step in our relationship. Before, I felt that I would be moving in with him to shut him up LOL. Now that it’s been several weeks and he’s not been on me about it, I feel like I would be/am moving in for the right (semi) reasons. I’m REALLY excited. I had to take a lot of clothes over to his house this week because of how everything worked out. Everything that I took there will be staying there. It’s hung up in his closet in a very unorganized manner. Once he moves his things, and I get all my stuff there- we’ll be set! I will be going home on Monday or Tuesday of next week and will be getting more things. I’m going to make it gradual- of sorts, but I’m hoping to be totally there by the end of the month/before his birthday, which is May 2. I still have a LOT to do- as far as sorting things I need to take/need to pitch. That’ll really be the hardest part. I decided that I need to go through all my clothes and really figure out what I wear and what I don’t, go through my desk and figure out what I want to take with me there, and what I should just keep with my parents. That’ll be the interesting part and it’s going to take the longest. I have a crappppp ton of stuff that’s accumulated over the years. BUT- I’m really excited and anxious. Ekkk. And, I have yet to tell my parents my master plan LOL. Justin told me that I needed to tell them before I moved in. He said that it would make him look bad if I just moved in with him and shocked them. I see his point- I’m just nervous. I don’t really know why…for cryin’ out loud, I am 25. On top of that, I know they are not stupid, I’m sure it wouldn’t be as much of a shock as I’m making it out to be. I told Justin I would tell them over the phone- while they are vacationing. Seriously, that right there is my master plan with them haha!! I’ll keep you posted on how it works out ha! J
Life otherwise:
Justin and I are doing really well- obviously. I’m really happy that things have started to fall back into place. I was getting worried/cold feet/bored, so I’m happy that things have sort of turned a corner. He’s back to giving me butterflies- which is great. We just had a rough patch and I’m glad we made it through. Phew. I’m still taking things a day at a time…
Work is work, and it’s going. I’m not 100% sure about it, but we’ll see. I’m frustrated as of late, and I just don’t feel like I’m doing as well as I should be. *Sigh* I’m getting nervous for everything, but it’s not like I’m not trying. I am- it’s just hard. And, I feel like it really does beat up a person. I’m keeping my eyes open…that’s all I’m saying.
I have a lot of fun things coming up within the next few months. Actually, Justin and I have a lot of upcoming fun things. I have 5 concerts set- in stone, tickets purchased- and I’m sure there may be more to come haha. Justin and I love music so much we’ll go see someone the other person wants to see just to hear it live. It’s all about the atmosphere. I can’t wait haha! I love knowing that no matter what he’s in. And, I like how we vacation well together. Here is the newest list of events:
TONIGHT- Chris Cornell concert
April 30- B. Spears concert with Mary and Jill
May 2- Justin’s BIG 2-5
May 6- David Cook concert
May 21(Fingers crossed)-25- Memorial Day weekend- South Carolina (I talked to several co-workers and they said I should be able to get that Friday off! Prayyyy!!!)
June 6- Jamie’s Bachelorette party
June 25-28~ Chicago to visit Dana & Luis
June 27-July 5- Justin’s parents are in town. That Thursday July 2, hopefully JP will play at Bronze Boar!!! I’m on him/it- trust me!!! J
July 26- Incubus concert
July 28- Dave concert
August 1- Juice & Jamie’s wedding
End of October- Mary’s baby will be here!
November 5-8- Chicago to visit Dana and Luis
November 25-29- Thanksgiving weekend- South Carolina
So yeah, that list will more than likely keep growing, and that makes me SMILE J I like having countdowns haha!!! They keep me alive, honest to God.
Justin’s birthday is May 2. He’ll be the BIG 2-5, so it’s a semi important/big one and I have NO idea what to get him!! We discussed that once I was living with him, that I would pay half the bills for the house…minus the house payment. My thoughts are this- right now, I am not living there, so these bills are a free pass. I do know that he got an $80.00 water bill just the other day, and I’m guessing he’ll end up getting other bills. So, my thoughts at this moment are that I will put what would be MY money towards his birthday presents, to get him extra. The kid NEVER gets things for himself…and this will MAKE him do it. I was thinking about getting him a flat screen TV for the bedroom, but he said that he didn’t want that, even though I KNOW he does want it. So, I think that I’m going to still throw that idea out there. He’s also said that he wanted season passes for him and I to the Mud Hen weekend games. These tickets are running for like $160 a piece or something like that, which isn’t bad. The only problem I have with his is that we get a lot of tickets for games during the week FREE from his work. We went to kind of a lot of games last year, and I’m not sure we/he really needs weekend season tickets. I know he’d really like it though, so again- throwing it out there still. And, he also said that he wanted me to get the internet for his house, which I totally think I’m going to do---so long as I don’t have to really prove that I am living there. I’m going to see what I can do. Really, that’ll just be a monthly charge to my credit card or whatever…I might as well just add it in there. And, I benefit from this present LOL, so I’m totally for it HAHA!!! J I’m also pretty confident that I am going to get him a mall (total mall, so he can pick and choose- I know he’ll end up at A&F though---but just to be on the safe side!) gift card, that way he can feel like he’s shopping. He LOVES shopping, so rather than me picking out something- I’ll go with him and let him do it! That way he feels as though he gets to spend money on himself…right? BUT- does anyone have any other ideas? I’m still not sure what I’m going to get him…HELP!
Now that this is long enough, I think that’s the update. Remember- gift ideas. I need them, because I need to start purchasing…
Hugs*
Yay for an update, but I'm going to start boycotting leaving comments until you start posting more pictures Kristen!
ReplyDeleteAlso, moving in, shmoving in...I can't come photograph THAT...hurry up and get engaged/married so I can have an excuse to photograph the gorgeous couple that you guys are!
whoa update :) I want pictures now!!!
ReplyDelete