Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Day 26: Your favorite mistake

Really?!  This is like a mind fuuuu....

How can I have a "favorite" mistake.  Geez.  I don't even like admitting that I made a mistake, let alone admitting that I have a "favorite" one HA!

Let me dig deep here to try to come up with something.  Alright:

I think my favorite mistake was staying in a relationship for too long, after it was already over.  Does that make anyyyyy sense?!  We were still technically "together" and "dating" however we both knew it was over long before it was officially over.

I think it's my favorite mistake because I took so much from that relationship and experience that I knew to never, ever let it get that far again.  Never let it happen again.  And, to be honest- I never did let a relationship get that far out of my control again.  I did come pretty close, but that doesn't count!

It taught me to love and let go, like discussed in a past post.  It taught me that it's hard to love someone and let them go, but eventually things heal.  Feelings heal.  Hearts heal.  And, eventually it's possible to still have a friendly relationship with someone whom you have dated.  In my eyes, before there was the dating, there was a friendship.  Why ever ruin that feeling IF (the most important and KEY word of this sentence) both parties feel the same?!  It just doesn't make sense.

On the same level---but different---
Still on the level of "staying in a relationship for too long, after it was already over."
NOT in a romantic way, but a different relationship.  A family one...

I let things eat away at me.  When people hurt me, I do have a hard time completely cutting them out of my life.  Justin has the total, completeeeee opposite view on this.  I don't know which is better?!  I don't know IF one is better?!

I spent too many nights crying, over analyzing and and trying to mend a relationship that was failed and damaged permanently from the start.  I finally realized I needed to "get out" while I still was sane, because it was never going to change.  It wouldn't heal.  It will still never be a relationship, which is so unfortunate.  However, I did learn to get myself out of it and do whatever I could with the lemons I was dealt.

No comments:

Post a Comment