Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Day 10: Something you're afraid of

Well, I have a lot of stupid things I am afraid of- like centipedes, the dark in strange places, getting into another car accident where my car gets totaled...ya know, those types of things.  I think the thing that I am most afraid of though is losing someone close to me.  Like, someone in my family or Justin's immediate family, or Justin.  That's what I am MOST afraid of.

It's weird- I'm not afraid of dying myself.  I have a weird outlook on death, mainly because of my religious (or lack thereof) background.  For me, once I am gone, I am gone.  I won't have the pain to deal with.  I guess that's the selfish side of me coming out.  I am absolutely terrified of people dying around me.  I went through both of my mom's parents dying, and my dad's dad.  I went through several friends who have died, but that's different.

Sometimes I can't sleep at night, or sometimes I get so wrapped up in thinking about one of my parents dying, or my brother dying (you get the point) that I can't stop and it FREAKS.ME.OUT.  It's like overwhelming and I can't stop.  I just can't imagine what it would be like, and how I would cope.  I honestly don't know if I could ever recover.  I mean, I know I wouldn't ever recover---I just can't imagine it ever gets easier.  Everyone says it does, but I can't understand how it would.

I try to understand and be there for people, who HAVE gone through something so tragic, I really do.  It's VERY awkward for me because typically I don't show emotion in public or until it's much after the fact.  I never know what to say because for me---I can't imagine.  I really can't fathom what it would be like.  For me, death is like abortion---(this is weird, I suppose) but for me, it's something that you can't even imagine unless you are in someone's shoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment