So, I'm treating my dog like a child and continuously calling my mom throughout the day to check up on the lil' monster. He's not any better, so I called the vet today to get him in as soon as possible. I'm taking him back in tomorrow night at 6:40. Who knows what they're going to do/tell me. I don't know what else they can. I'm sure there is some test to run to see if he does have distemper, but I'm not certain. When I was there the first time, the vet told me to come back for a chest x-ray if there were no results...so, I'm guessing at the very least they'll do that. So, I know for sure it'll be around a $35.00 office charge and a $90.00 x-ray charge. Awesome...I can't wait. I'm just so sad, seriously. I've been on the verge of tears all day.
I did lots of research online today and freaked myself outttt. He doesn't have all the possible signs, but he does have the runny nose, cough, and eye discharge. These are the beginning signs, and as it progresses I guess there are more symptoms. I guess it could be just a "cold" and not distemper, but...I guess I'm a pessimist and always fear for the worst. It's just my luck. I just want him better. The first vet visit, the vet made it seem like he didn't have it, because he was eating, and because he didn't have a temperature.She made it seem like she was only telling us because there was a slim chance. Maybe I'm just freakingggg out, who knows?
*sigh* I'm sad. I want tomorrow night to be here so I just have some more answers...
Aw! Oh no! Let me know how it goes with your poor puppy!
ReplyDeleteOh, and BTW, the Steelers wouldn't have even made it to the Super Bowl in the first place if it wasn't for that messed up 'touchdown' that wasn't even CLOSE to being a touchdown in the last (I think) game of the season that gave them a bi instead of playing the Titans AT Tennessee.
So there ;)
dont worry, even when my lil guy isnt sick-I call throughout the day to check on him :) Hope he feels better!!!! Is he the one that was sick when you wanted to look at him the first time?? Like a week ago or something? Poor guy :(
ReplyDeleteHow's the puppy today?
ReplyDelete