It's ten 'til 9 right now. I got to work at 8, and I'm already looking at the clock wishing it was 5. Someone shoot me- it's going to be one of the longest days everrrrr. Ugh* :o(
Last night Justin and I got sushi. There is a place at Levis Commons that on Tuesday nights does 1/2 off sushi, so it's a really good deal. I tried 2 new rolls last night and they were both good. In the beginning, I started off with only doing the California rolls. Then when I was visiting Jess in Arizona, I tried Spicy Tuna rolls and really liked them. The last time Justin and I went to get sushi we got California rolls, Spicy Tuna rolls, and Shrimp Tempura rolls. Normally I do NOT like shrimp (it's a texture thing, not a taste thing. I like the taste of shrimp, I HATE the texture!) but I really liked the rolls! Last night, I went with a Tuna Avocado roll and an Amigo roll which was crab, cream cheese and jalapenos. LOVEEEED the Amigo rolls. As far as the Tuna rolls were concerned I liked them, but they were nothing special. I definitely like the Spicy Tuna rolls better; I just think they have more flavor. Justin can't do anything raw- it freaks him out. Me on the other hand- it doesn't bother me. As long as it tastes good, I can't care how it comes HA! Now, all I can think about is going back next week for more! :o)
Justin and I sort of took a break from our weekly "Jeds Date Night" on Fridays. We have not gone the past 2 weeks (I think!) and we're going this Friday. I'm really excited because the Freakballs just sound SO good. We're meeting Becky and her boyfriend Jimmy there. I've been wanting to meet Jimmy foreverrrrr, and I've also been wanting to catch up with Becky foreverrrrr- so, it's finally working out. I'm really excited! Also on Friday night, I think Justin and I are meeting Andrea (a girl he works with) out for her birthday. It should be a good weekend- I just wish I didn't have to work at all on Saturday. Oh well, I'll deal.
I'm thankful for the warm weather- however, today it's a down pouring rain that I really could do without. February and March are the worst months of the year, I am convinced. They are always a tease for Spring. One day it's near 60 and the next it's back into the 30's. I HATE it. I'm ready for spring. I busted out my open toed shoes yesterday and today, and I'm even wearing a skirt without tights/nylons today! I'm praying that by dressing the part the rest will follow HA! (And, I know as I'm typing that this weekend we'll be back into the 30's).
Speaking of dressing the part: I think that this whole time I've been working that I might possibly be semi-breaking the dress code rule here. When I got hired in, I was told that it was business attire. I was also told that we could wear sweaters. So, that's how I've been dressing...and nothing has been said. Yesterday I wore dress pants, a cute blouse kinda shirt, and open toed shoes. Nothing was said other than that everyone liked my outfit. Today, I have on a skirt, a button down sweater and open toed shoes. One of my co-workers came in today also with open toed shoes on, and said that she almost wore a skirt without tights/nylons but didn't know if it was time to make the "switch." With having said that I asked what she meant and she said that our Director- which is basically the BIG boss, is really strict with the dress code and we switch to "casual business attire" at a certain point and she's not sure what the point is. Then, she said that in the winter we're supposed to wear our suits. Sooo- I dunno?! I mean, nothing has ever been said to me about my "dress code" but now it has me all nervous. I guess we'll see...
Roscoe is still sick, but SO much better. He's a manic lately, so I know he's feeling better. Running around all over the place, playing, eating (he's getting fat, I feel like I should cut back his food consumption?!) and biting everythingggg in sight. His teeth must be bothering him. And, when he's outside now- he tries to run away. Like, he'll sneak away from me and try to run the length of the house between the house and the bushes. I want to murder him ha! I noticed he's still coughing quite a bit and his medicine is almost gone...so I hope that he's good enough without the medicine that he won't need more of it. I've spent a small fortune on him already. I don't want to give him anymore. *sigh*
No comments:
Post a Comment