Well, my favorite holiday has come and gone and it was another good one. I'll recap the events, but first I want to hit on a few things.
A. Does anyone have potty training ideas for a small puppy? Or a puppy in general, I guess. My dog is about 13 weeks and he continues to pee in the house- immediately after peeing outside. And when I saw immediately, I really mean, pretty much as soon as he steps on the kitchen floor from being outside. I'm getting reallllyyyy frustrated. Any ideas? I've been taking him outside usually like every hour or so when I am home/around. My mom usually does the same on her days home. I think some of the problem lies in that when everyone is working, he's caged up for 8ish hours a day and just goes in the cage. Every time he goes outside, he gets a treat. That's the trick we're using now. It works, sure. Every time he goes outside, he goes potty. It's just that he also 99.6% of the time comes directly in the house and pees more. WTF, seriously.
B. I don't sleep through the night anymore. Seriously, I feel like I have a child. Roscoe wakes up anywhere from 2-3 times a night. I hear him moving around, so it makes me nervous he'll just pee/poop on his pillow in the cage, so I take him out. And, again every time he goes out- he pees and usually poops. I've been trying to break him of the habit of going in the middle of the night, so the first time I hear him moving around-which is usually about 2-3 hours after we lay down, I just let him move. I basically make him hold it. And, if he doesn't-then he sleeps on the cold, hard, floor of his cage. (This has never happened...) Then, usually around 3:30-4:30 he'll be up again, and I'll take him out this time. Then, it's usually around 6 or so, he'll want to go out again. And, it's not that he wants to go out, I think it's more along the lines of him wanting to play...because he's ready to go when he gets back inside. I hateeee it haha.
Alright, now onto important things, like Valentine's Day!
I surprised JP with tickets to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, and an overnight stay at a hotel in Cleveland. It worked out nicely. He was surprised by what I had planned, and we both had a really good time. We stayed at a place right downtown and it was nice. Nothing super special I don't think- but it was nice. We went to dinner on Saturday night at a bar/restaurant a few blocks from our place, then basically came back and went to sleep. We're lame, seriously. We woke up on Sunday and went to our complimentary breakfast, which was awesome. It was a total hot buffet, which included omelets-special made, and also "dippy eggs" if you wanted them. In the buffet there were scrambled eggs, french toast, bacon, sausage, toast, hash browns, cereal, oatmeal, and fresh fruit. Not what I was expecting, so it was nice. And afterwards, we went to the Hall of Fame.
The Hall of Fame is definitely something you MUST see at least once. We were there for like 4.5 hours because there was just SOOO much stuff to see. It was awesome, really. We both had a really good time and learned some neat stuff. I would totally go back- after people of our musical generation could be inducted. I mean, there were a few people from "our time," but mostly people from my dad's days. It has to be 25 years from the first single before they can be inducted. It was a lot of fun to say the least!!!
Just got me a dozen of my FAVORITE roses- the ones that are peachish/reddish...I'm obsessed with then, seriously. On top of that, he got me a teddy bear- I've been wanting one, chocolates, and "The Last Lecture." I've been wanting to read the book, however it's always checked out of the library. And, I hate buying books because typically I only read it once, so I think it's a waste of money. BUT- I'm glad of all the books he could pick to buy, he picked that one. It's something I could read again, more than likely. So, I'm really excited to start reading it! Then, when we went to dinner on Saturday, he also paid for that. So, overall---it was a wonderful day(s)!!
As far as work is concerned: I finally got into the system late yesterday, so today I actually have 5 people to work with. What that means is that, I have to start making calls and try to get 2-3 of those 5 people into the school for a tour...and then ultimately, signed up for classes. I believe these people are just "extra" people, however, it'd look really good if I could get 1 or 2 people to start. I'm nervous and excited...so, I'll keep you updated!
I think that's all I have. I'm really tired today, so I can't wait until the day is over. I'm going tanning on my lunch-possibly, and then going to Justin's tonight for the evening. I think tonight is a Real World night, so I'm sure we'll watch that! YAY. I think last night was a Bad Girls Club, so I'm sure we'll watch that, since it was DVR'd. Who really knows...
I think I'm done here. I'm going to actually- work. What a concept, right?! HAHA!
We crate trained Honey...just don't put a pillow in his crate until he stops going in it.
ReplyDeleteSounds like you guys had a great Valentine's Day!! We did too! :)
Riley was hard to potty train too..he would go pretty much everytime I took him out though so im not sure what advice to give you. That sucks he wakes up int he middle of the night too, Riley luckily never gave me a problem with that, its just nowww he wakes up at 8am and wont go back to sleep until later for naps.
ReplyDeleteYay for a good valentines day :) Buddy got me a wii...part of my bday present as well.
p.s.....i LOVE LOVE LOVEEEEEEEE arizona!!!!!!