"Failure's hard, but success is far more dangerous. If you're successful at the wrong thing, the mix of praise and money and opportunity can lock you in forever."
--- Po Bronson
I think that quote is a really great quote. I'm super glad I stopped at Starbucks this morning before work. On top of it being an 11 hour day- I'm tired, so a good quote to wake up to :)
For starters: HOW ABOUT THAT SUPER BOWL GAME??!! Woahhhh, I was almost shitting my undies, seriously The last like, 3 minutes of the game...I was scared. SO scared haha! I was contemplating breaking up with Ben. BUT- he pulled through and didn't disappoint me! :) It was such a good game though, so it was fun to watch. I'm glad it was close, and I'm glad the Steelers won- but what I am most excited about are these things:
1. That they are the winningest (What? Is that a word? Is that how you spell it HAHA!?) franchise in NFL with SIX Super Bowl rings. It's sweet!!!
2. That our coach is only in his 2nd year and took them to the Super Bowl...and he's the youngest coach to win it.
And...I love Tomlin. Absolutely obsessed with him seriously. I feel SO bad that I told Chris when Cowher retired I didn't know if I could be a Steelers fan anymore without him on the sidelines LOL. I was kidding, of course, but...Now, I can't imagine being a Steelers fan without Tomlin being on the sideline. Seriously- I think the man is wonderful!!! :)
Roscoe is sick and it's making me really nervous. He has a really runny nose- like yellowish snot and it's gross. On top of that, he has a really weird cough. He sounds like a cat when a cat has a hairball. He gags, but nothing ever comes out. I got him last Wednesday and took him to the vet on Saturday because I didn't want him to get worse, plus I wanted to find out what was happening with him. The vet said that he has an upper respiratory infection with signs of pneumonia. She also mentioned something else that he could have (that usually dogs die from)but said that along with the snotty nose and cough, they don't eat and run a temperature, so she didn't think it was that because both those things were alright. He's been eating fine, going to the bathroom fine and does play. But, he also sleeps a lot, but I'm thinking he sleeps a lot because he doesn't feel 100%. Regardless-she put him on antibiotics twice a day until it's gone. She said that with little dogs like him, they sometimes have to put them on steroids- but didn't...yet. He's been on the medicine since Saturday morning and I've really not seen a difference in him. His nose is still snotty and his cough hasn't gotten better. She told me to wait 48 hours- and if nothing changed to bring him back in. They would have to do a chest x-ray (that costs $90.00!!!) to see if they find out anything else. 48 hours was yesterday...but I'm going to wait to take him in until Friday if there is still no change. I've spent about $500.00 on this dog and if he gets sick and dies...I will die LOL. I mean, I really don't think he'll die...but, who knows I guess. Geezzzz...
I have to work this Saturday, so I took this Friday off work. It's nice- but at the same time it's not. On Saturdays we work 9-2...so we have to make up the additional 3 hours during the week in order to take a full day off work during the week. If we decide NOT to make up the 3 hours we get 5 hours flex time during the week. I decided to make up the hours- because I already had to come in 2 hours early today because of Orientation. So, I really only had 1 hour to make up. I made up that hour last night by working 9-7 and then today I'm working 9-8. That part sucks. BUT, I only have to work 1 day 8-5, which I am pumped about and then Thursday is my late day so I work 12-9, which is great! So, get me to Friday and I'll be a happy camper haha!!
Justin and I are good. I want to move in- I don't know how to break it to my mom and dad. Really, I just need to suck it up and DO IT. I think that I'm making it a bigger deal out of it then what they actually would. I mean, I know that they would not be all that thrilled, however I don't think they'd be all that shocked. They do know that I stay there, and they do know that for my birthday I got a house key and a garage spot cleaned out. I don't think they'd be as shocked as I think they would. Who knows?
I think that's the update at least for now. I may add something later- but I don't have much!
No comments:
Post a Comment