Alright, so now that I can't get on MySpace at work, I rarely sign on anymore. I usually do once a day, but I neverrr do anything on it. In fact, my background is messed up and just white, and my music player is screwed up too. Normally that would drive me crazyyyy, but it just doesn't feel like I have MySpace time anymore. I used to get all that done at my old job haha!
So, I'm sitting at work today and I always have my yahoo mail page up...that way when I get an email I am alerted right away. I had been signed in and then all of a sudden I went to look at something, and it told me I had been signed out and needed to re-enter my password. Confused, I re-entered the info and it was NOT working. Confused even more...I started to FREAK OUT. I then went into the system and decided I'd just change my password...this same thing happened a few months ago. I thought possibly that after so many months yahoo was now going to make me start changing my password for security purposes. Well, when I got my password changed, and I signed into my account I noticed a new mail. This mail was from MySpace and it said that it got my request for my password. AHHHH. FREAK OUT.
I KNOW I did NOT request my password, which means my MySpace account has been hacked. This does NOT surprise me because it seems as though MySpace accounts get hacked into a lot. I normally change my password like a crazy person, but like I said before---I just don't really get on it that much. NICE. Now, it looked as though the mail had not been read via my yahoo mail account, but that doesn't mean it hadn't I guess...I don't really know how that all works. Since I'm at work, I can't sign into my MySpace account, so my password is still the same. It's just going to have to wait until tonight when I get off work. What scared me the most was that like a DUMBASS, I had the same password for most ALL my other accounts. Including my Verizon, Discover, Mastercard, and Bank. NOT SMART. They always tell you NOT to do that, but I have one hell of a time remembering all of them, so of course- I DID IT.
In a panic I signed on to all my other accounts and changed my user names and password. This included my online banking account. I was in such a hurry and worry---that I signed off my banking website, and completely FORGET what I had set up for my user name and password. SHIT. I still cannot remember what I used; I feel like I tired all the options and nothing is working. I tried calling the bank's 1-800 number and I'll get partially through the animated speech and it asks me to enter my 4 digit "secret code" or whatever. Now, again---I DO NOT KNOW THAT CODE. I tired my PIN number, the last 4 digits of my account...and nothing. I mean, WTF, right?! So, calling the number gets me nowhere. Absolutely NOWHERE. So, nowwww---I'm hoping that I can go to the bank tomorrow and actually speak with a teller there and they can help me out in regards to my online banking account. Seriously...what a dumbass. Who forgets that shit the second they log out?! I'm just hoping that somehow I get actually use my online banking again...I really use it a lot, and would be lost without it. I just hope it's really not a big deal to retrieve that info or set up new info...Pray.
I'm just hoping that everything is alright and nothing was hacked into otherwise. It's bad enough that people have been getting spam mails/postings/comments I'm sureeee from me on MySpace. *UGH. Sometimes I wonder why I have so many sites going all at once. I hardly use them all. IDIOT.
I'll keep you posted on my forgetfulness :o)
No comments:
Post a Comment