Thursday, November 3, 2011

Thankful Day 3:

I'm having a difficult time thinking of what I want to be thankful for today.  There are a lot of things coming up in the days and weeks ahead that I want to be thankful for on a specific day.  Today, well...not so much.

I'm thankful it's Thursday and I only have one more day of work before the weekend.  I'm sick and tired and I can't wait to just hang out and relax.  I have a few plans (pending I feel better)-
Friday- a 25th Wedding party for a lady I work with. 
Saturday- Stefanie's baby shower at noon.
Besides that---nothing.  I'm hoping to get some sleep and feel a lot better.  I have a big day of turning 28 on Monday haha!  AND, that is NOT my thankful topic for Monday- I have a few things that are better! :o)

I wanted to write more than just my 'thankful' post today, but I can't really get my thoughts organized.  Instead, I am going to list a bunch of random shit that will probably not make sense to anyone but myself.  Maybe one day I can better put these thoughts into a true entry....maybe not.

1.  Wedding planning- can I mention that I am SO.STOKED. that we decided to go ahead and do a true, blown out, destination wedding?!?!?!  Because, I am thrilled.  I didn't want to "plan" anything.  I didn't want to have to worry about the small crap...or the big crap at that LOL!  Well, Lorie at the resort has been nothing short of Ahhhhhmazing.  I ask for something- they'll do it, they have it, they'll make it work.  Perfect!  We're 175 days away from leaving and I'm pumped.  I've not had to do anything in the grand scheme of things.  I'm currently FREAKING out about what I want to do for:
- the cake and cupcake toppers
- the 'program'
- the bouquets---I want something unique.  I have several ideas, but I don't know what one I want to go with.  (I need to email my photographer and see if she has thoughts LOL!)
- the bag of the "Swag Bag"
- the koozies
- Summer's gifts because they are different from what I got the other girls in the wedding
- my bird cage veil.
Oh---that's right, all the FUN stuff, really.  Like I said, I'm freaking out---I have 6 entire months---and it's the small things.  Jesus.  I would be a Bridezilla if I was having a "real" wedding.  Thank GOD we did it this way because I honestly don't know where Justin and I would find the time to do anything---and worry.  No time.  See you soon, St. Thomas!*

2.  All the weekends in November are jammed.packed.  WHY?!  At least they're fun things---for the most part.  And a vacation over Thanksgiving!  I need to get away so badly.

3.  New(er) position at work.  LOVE IT.  SO happy I changed.  I work for Tiffin University now, but still at Ivy Bridge College where I was.  I work in Records and Registration.  I love my bosses.  I want to go to get my Masters---sooner rather than later, since they pay for it entirely- minus the books.  DUH- WINNING.

4.  My brother and Amanda had their baby.  They didn't find out the sex until the birth- it's a boy!  Kail Christopher Golightley.  HUGE- 9 lbs 7 oz. 21 inches long.  I don't like babies/children---which is pretty obvious if you know me AT.ALL.  Well, I held him...the first night. Mark it in the books!!  I am an aunt (I feel WAY TOO OLD) and I have a nephew (whom I am already spoiling!)  Who knew?!  Well anyways- congrats to them.  When are they going to get married?  Who knows haha!

5.  Halloween party (4th annual) was pretty fun.  We didn't have the "normal" crowd there this year, but it was fun.  I was a peacock.  I have to admit, I think it was my best costume ever.  I was amazing haha!  By the end of the night we were doing keg stands to bring back memories---and create new ones for a few people who had NEVER done one.  And yes, these people did, in fact, go to 4 years of college.  How does that happen?  Really?!  Anywho- Happy Halloween!

6.  Can we talk about how disgusted I was when on TUESDAY, NOV. 1 I was grocery shopping in Walmart and they were playing Christmas music?!  Really?!  Can we please take ONE. HOLIDAY. AT. A. TIME?!  My goodness.

No comments:

Post a Comment