Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Thankful Day 1:

I'm a day late with this, but at least it's late and not never.

I am going to jump on board with the '30 Days of Thanks' (thanks to Laura Runion) like everyone else.  However, instead of doing it via Facebook, I'll be doing it here.  I figured the only way I can blog is if I continuously have a 'game' of sorts to stick to it with.  So---enjoy 30 days of Kristen blogging.

Thankful Day 1:
I am thankful for a house over my head and a bed.  Especially in times like these when I feel like poo.

I should have known this was coming, since Justin was sick since last week.  It's only a cold (for both of us) but it's soo UBER annoying.  I can't breathe at night.  I'm sneezing and snotting all over the place.  My nose is Rudolph because I'm blowing it about twenty times a day.  My body aches.  At least I have my own office space, otherwise my co-workers would want to punch me in the ovaries, no doubt.

When I did post this Thankful day on Facebook last night (stating it would be the one and only, the rest would be here- along with a longer post) I was SO THANKFUL to have a house and a bed.  Some people don't.  Could you imagine?  I literally could not image being sick- having no place to go, no place to sleep.  When I'm sick I want my bed more than anything.  What if I didn't HAVE a bed?  Ohhh- that would SUCK.

Last night when I was crawling into bed before 11 pm, I was more thankful than normal to have a place to call home.  To have a bed, pillows and blankets.

It's the little things that make this sick kid thankful!! :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment